Wednesday, July 27, 2011

They Say...

We often gather information from books, articles, and conversations with others. Sometimes we take it with a grain of salt, other times we try and dissect what it is we learned. More times than not I hear people say, "They say..." and continue their thought with a fact, technique, or comment. Yes, I am one of those people.

It all started when I got pregnant. I started reading, "What To Expect When You Are Expecting". I'd make comments to my husband starting with the infamous phrase, "They say..."  Sometimes I'd get a response back asking, "Who's they?" I don't know, the authors, I guess are "they".

Now having delivered my daughter, I'm reading books on behavior, development, feeding and sleeping. "They say" has now become a household phrase. No one bothers to ask who "they" is anymore. There are too many of them. Too many authors, theorists, pediatricians, and consultants. Each with their own belief.

That is when I decided to create this blog. I'll put up someone's belief or theory and then ask for people to comment on it. Obviously, experience will matter here. Having only been a mother for 4 months, I am still in the "read everything" mode and apply what I feel works best. Let's see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting idea. I was the first-time mother who read very little, but ask family and friends LOTS of questions. I'm curious to see what books are recommending these days....

    ReplyDelete